Jamal Musiala Reveals Absence Seizures After Bayern Munich Collapse

Jamal Musiala Reveals Absence Seizures After Bayern Munich Collapse

Jamal Musiala has revealed that he was diagnosed with temporary absence seizures after collapsing during Bayern Munich's preseason friendly against Heidenheim.

The 23-year-old Germany international went down shortly after entering the match as a second-half substitute. The incident occurred just three days after Musiala had also collapsed during Bayern Munich's friendly against RB Leipzig.

Players from both teams immediately surrounded Musiala as he received medical attention on the pitch. He was subsequently helped off the field.

Musiala later addressed the situation on social media and reassured fans that he was doing well. He explained that doctors had diagnosed him with temporary, brief absence seizures caused by a neurological dysfunction.

According to Musiala, the condition can lead to the episodes that occurred during the matches against Leipzig and Heidenheim. He acknowledged that the incidents could appear alarming but said he was receiving medical treatment and remained optimistic about his recovery.

The Bayern Munich midfielder also said that there was no additional health risk associated with the condition. He revealed that he had been working closely with neurological specialists to manage the issue.

Musiala explained that, after consulting medical experts, he had decided to continue with his normal life and football career with their approval. He also said Bayern Munich and people close to him had supported him throughout the process.

Musiala explains his neurological condition

Musiala said the episodes are currently part of his everyday life while he undergoes treatment. He stressed that he was receiving appropriate medical care and remained confident about his recovery.

The midfielder also said he had taken personal responsibility for the decision to continue playing after discussing his condition with specialists.

His latest collapse nevertheless raised concerns because it came only three days after the incident against RB Leipzig.

Following the Leipzig match, reports said Musiala had left the pitch on his own but appeared dazed. Bayern Munich did not initially provide details about a neurological condition after the Heidenheim match, saying only that the player had suffered a setback and was substituted after taking a knock shortly after coming on.

Musiala's subsequent statement provided more information about the reason behind the recent incidents.

Musiala wants to focus on football

Despite the health issue, Musiala said he wants to continue focusing on football and competing for trophies with Bayern Munich.

He thanked fans for their support and said that pursuing victories and titles with his team would help him during the recovery process.

The midfielder also asked for privacy regarding the matter and said he wanted further details to remain within his close circle, Bayern Munich and the medical specialists treating him.

Bayern Munich are scheduled to face Borussia Dortmund in the German Supercup on Saturday, the traditional curtain-raiser for the new season.

Prev Article
Rodri arrives in Barcelona for medical as £66m Man City transfer moves closer
Next Article
India vs Pakistan Hockey World Cup 2026: What Happens If India Lose?

Related to this topic: